Ready to enjoy the best sushi in Tampa?
This lively city is well-known for offering foodies a haven for various cuisine, including sushi! For the perfect night out, you can find tasty food, good drinks, and a lively atmosphere at any Tampa sushi restaurant.
However, finding quality sushi may be a bit more challenging. Luckily, I’ve put together this list of the ten best restaurants for sushi in Tampa.
Now, you can skip the sushi restaurant hunt and go right to enjoying your appetizers and rolls!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. Soho Sushi
I’m starting the list with an upscale sushi restaurant (Soho Sushi), ideal for a girl’s night out or date night.
Situated in south Tampa, this restaurant provides fresh, delectable sushi with creative ingredients. The high-quality sushi ingredients, chic interior, and fun drinks make the higher prices worthwhile.
Why We Love Soho Sushi For Sushi in Tampa
Besides a plethora of sushi rolls, you’ll find hot and cold appetizers, including udon, teriyaki dishes, and even Asian BBQ.
I recommend heading to Soho Sushi during happy hour (5 p.m. – 7 p.m.) for discounted drinks that pair well with sushi platters.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Soho Sushi:
- Kiss of Fire Roll: Spicy salmon, tempura pieces, asparagus, tuna, jalapeño, thinly sliced lemon, rice wine vinaigrette
- Unagi Nigiri Sushi: Eel, rice, eel sauce
- Donut Roll: Crab salad, cream cheese, avocado, soy paper, panko, spicy mayo, eel sauce, scallion
Address: 3218 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609
Compare and Book Cheap Flights on Over 600 Airlines with CheapOAir TODAY!
2. Sushi Sho Rexley
Sushi Sho Rexley is the perfect spot for sushi enthusiasts who want to try authentic sushi using the freshest fish that’s seasonal. This high-end dining experience will take your sushi eating to the next level!
Why We Love Sushi Sho Rexley for Sushi in Tampa
The friendly staff at Sushi Sho Rexley is what makes it stand out. There are two menu options, nigiri omakase and signature omakase.
There’s also an option to order sake pairings or choose a sake you enjoy alongside the meal.
When ordering omakase, you can enjoy a variety of 15 sushi tastings. These tastings are prepared right before you, and the chef even teaches you about each dish as they prepare it!
Keep in mind that the restaurant is only open Wednesday through Sunday. You’ll need to be on time to omakase, or you’ll miss out on some of the courses!
Address: 214 2nd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
3. Izakaya Tori
If you can’t make it to Japan but want to feel like you’ve been transported to the country, you can step inside Izakaya Tori. This authentic Japanese restaurant has amazing décor complete with lantern decorations, flags, and more.
Why We Love Izakaya Tori for Sushi in Tampa
You’ll find many Japanese favorites on the menu, from appetizers to sushi rolls, gyoza, ramen, and the beloved spicy conch roll.
This is one of the best sushi restaurants because it is great for picky eaters who want the choice between cooked and raw foods.
Head here during lunchtime to take advantage of the sushi specials, which feature combinations of various rolls. If you’re in a rush but still want great sushi, grab some takeout from Izakaya Tori!
Top Dishes on the Menu at Izakaya Tori:
- Honor Roll: Fresh scallop, crunchy topping, spicy mayo, smelt roe, fresh tuna, tobiko
- Izakaya Special Roll: Spicy salmon, avocado, seared salmon, spicy mayo, eel sauce
- Bagel Roll: Smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado
Address: 310 S Dale Mabry Hwy #160, Tampa, FL 33609
Florida Flexible Cancellation Vacation Rentals! Check it out here.
4. Haiku Tampa
Situated in the heart of downtown Tampa, this elegant Tampa sushi eatery offers visitors a stunning place to enjoy Asian fusion dishes.
You’ll find Haiku nestled under a luxury apartment complex, which perfectly complements the restaurant’s style.
Why We Love Haiku Tampa for Sushi in Tampa
This sushi spot is also great for dates and girls’ night out events. You’ll find a fun, sexy atmosphere in the restaurant with loud music.
Stopping by for a roll and drinks is the perfect way to set the mood for a night on the town!
Don’t skip the drinks here; they’re fun and creative. For example, the Dragon’s Breath Gimlet includes dry ice for a cool appearance.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Haiku Tampa:
- Golden A5 Wagyu Roll: Tenderloin, shiitake, asparagus, red pepper, hollandaise, gold flake
- Citrus Salmon Roll: Lemon, salmon, avocado, tempura shrimp, yuzu, sriracha
- Wood Fired Lobster Roll: Lobster, asparagus, spicy tuna, tempura shrimp, avocado
Address: 808 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602
5. BluWave Sushi
This south Tampa sushi joint offers a cozy environment, fresh sushi, and top-tier customer service.
BluWave Sushi offers some of the best sushi in Tampa. Plus, it’s BYOB, so you can bring a bottle of sake or red wine to drink alongside your meal.
Why We Love BluWave Sushi for Sushi in Tampa
Since the space is smaller, you’ll need to call ahead for reservations if you have a larger group (more than four people).
Once you arrive at BluWave Sushi, you’ll find an extensive menu with options like a seared tataki, baked mussels, and inventive sushi rolls.
Top Dishes on the Menu at BluWave Sushi:
- Tsunami Roll: Rice paper, tuna, salmon, crab, cucumber, avocado, lettuce, crunchy topping, spicy mayo, eel sauce
- Tampa Roll: Tempura white fish, scallion, spicy mayo
- Samurai Roll: Spicy tuna, cucumber, crunchy topping, roe, sriracha, spicy mayo, eel sauce, scallions
Address: 3339 S West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33629
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: We know that travel plans sometimes change and this is why most tours and activities can be cancelled for a full refund as long as travelers cancel at least 24 hours in advance! – Check individual tours details for eligibility.
6. Ebisu Sushi Shack
You can head to this cozy Tampa sushi restaurant for a homey option. Minimal seating provides an intimate experience as you enjoy a meal at Ebisu Sushi Shack.
Keep your eyes peeled for this restaurant while driving, as it looks like a house from the outside, so it can be easy to miss!
Why We Love Ebisu Sushi Shack for Sushi in Tampa
This option is a popular sushi joint, so you’ll want to head here early or make sure to grab a snack before in case you encounter a long wait.
The restaurant’s combination of classic and inventive rolls makes the wait time worthwhile.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Ebisu Sushi Shack:
- Super Crunchy Roll: Fried shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, tempura chips, spicy mayo, eel sauce
- Hawaiian Roll: Fried shrimp, pineapple, cream cheese, avocado, sweet chili sauce
- Octopus Carpaccio: Sliced octopus, daikon radish, scallion, ponzu, olive oil
Address: 5116 N Nebraska Ave, Tampa, FL 33603
Head to this casual sushi restaurant and sushi bar for traditional Japanese fare and rolls.
Here, you’ll find consistently fresh and tasty sushi to help curb any cravings you may have.
Why We Love Yoko’s for Sushi in Tampa
Yoko’s is a Tampa sushi staple that has been around since 1995. Through the years, Yoko’s has garnered many awards for its food, making it a popular spot among locals.
I recommend avoiding this spot if you’re already hungry, as there is usually a line out the door!
There is a long list of appetizers, entrees, and sushi available to select from. So, you’ll be able to find something for everyone at Yoko’s.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Yoko’s:
- Sister Roll: Tempura shrimp, crab, avocado, cream cheese, spicy mayo, soy paper
- Hama-Jale: Thinly sliced yellowtail, jalapeño, cilantro, ponzu
- Red Devil Roll: Fried shrimp, lobster, tuna, avocado, spicy mayo, eel sauce
Address: 3217 S MacDill Ave, Tampa, FL 33629
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
8. Sushi Ushi
This hibachi-centric sushi restaurant comes highly rated due to its diverse menu with offerings for everyone.
Whether you prefer cooked dishes or sushi, you’ll find just what you’re looking for at this Valrico restaurant.
Why We Love Sushi Ushi for Sushi in Tampa
There are a good number of sushi rolls sans rice for those on a low-carb diet. This small, intimate sushi spot is found in a shopping center, making it an ideal spot to grab lunch or dinner after browsing the nearby stores.
This restaurant also includes lunch specials like hot bento boxes with chicken teriyaki or discounted rolls to try.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Sushi Ushi:
- Amazing Tuna Roll: Tempura white tuna, spicy tuna, pepper tuna, avocado, mango sauce, eel sauce
- Monster Roll: Tempura shrimp, cream cheese, cucumber, tempura crab, spicy mayo, eel sauce
- Uchi Roll: Spicy tuna, cucumber, yellowtail, jalapeño
Address: 1713 E State Rd 60, Valrico, FL 33594
9. Samurai Blue Sushi & Sake Bar
Head to Ybor City Historic District for this favorite local sushi restaurant! You’ll find many sushi rolls on the menu and fun, contemporary versions of Japanese food.
Why We Love Samurai Blue Sushi & Sake Bar for Sushi in Tampa
I love the vibe of this sushi spot, which feels trendy and has an open-air feel. It’s perfect for a get-together with friends or a solo sushi meal.
Another location for this restaurant is also on Dale Mabry Highway, making it a convenient spot for a meal.
Whether you prefer creative dishes like sushi tacos or more classic options like chicken teriyaki, you’ll find it all on the expansive menu.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Samurai Blue Sushi & Sake Bar:
- Spicy Roll: Choice of tuna, salmon, or conch with scallions, sesame seeds
- Veggie Roll: Asparagus, avocado, cucumber, carrot, shiitake mushrooms, sesame seeds
- Mexican Roll: Shrimp tempura, avocado, mayo, smelt roe, sesame seeds
Address: 1600 E 8th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
Want DAILY Florida Travel Photos? Follow Florida Hipster on Instagram TODAY!
10. Umami Sushi
Fun sushi in a sleek modern restaurant is found at Umami Sushi in Lutz. This Tampa Bay area restaurant has the perfect atmosphere for sushi goers, with excellent views, a cool vibe, and music that’s not too quiet or loud!
Why We Love Umami Sushi for Sushi in Tampa
You can expect delicious, rich flavors when dining here and helpful staff who are more than willing to recommend a roll or two based on your preferences!
Umami Sushi is open daily for lunch and sometimes dinner, making it a top choice for traveling sushi lovers.
Don’t forget to check out their lunch specials for exciting deals, like two rolls for $10.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Umami Sushi:
- Rock N Roll: Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, crab stick, fish eggs, spicy mayo, eel sauce, crunchy topping
- Dale Mabry Roll: Smoke salmon, avocado, kani deep-fried, topped with spicy mayo, eel sauce
- Yummy Roll: Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, avocado, spicy crab meat, sweet chili mayo, eel sauce, crunchy topping
Address: 17677 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Lutz, FL 33548
Final Thoughts on the Best Sushi in Tampa
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tasty roundup of top sushi in Tampa spots! Whether you prefer a casual spot for a few yummy rolls or an elegant restaurant, I’ve got you covered with this list.
Next time you’re in Tampa, check out the above spots and let me know which one is your favorite!
Happy Florida Travels!